Expansion at Kimball Electronics - Poland (KEPS)
Feb 15, 2022, 09:39 AM
Mary Leah Siegel
Building for the future: Expansion at Kimball Electronics - Poland (KEPS) enables new opportunities for growth.
The expansion of our Poland facility is needed to support our many long-term customers as well as to add capacity for new customer growth. The outstanding customer support and performance of our manufacturing teams at our Poland facility has made it necessary to expand as customer programs have grown and continue to grow.
- Third facility expansion that we have initiated for Kimball Electronics in the last 15 months: KETL – Thailand, KEMX – Mexico, KEPS - Poland
- Representative of our success in winning new business in Europe
- Additional capacity needed for programs with new and existing customers
- Expected to add approximately 40% to existing production square footage
- Leverage the expertise we have at KEPS to support the addition to the facility and will be adding key talent to support the expected growth we see at KEPS
- Presently, KEPS is a facility with 169,000 sq ft / 15 700 m2 space
- The KEPS expansion will add approximately 41,000 sq ft / 3800 m2 to our footprint in Poland.
- Expansion is expected to be complete in early fiscal 2024
Why Expand? Why now?
"Our Poland facility is one of the largest facilities we operate and where we have supported customers from Europe from our current location for well over a decade. It's a very popular preference of our customers. We support all four market verticals in Poland. We expect this investment will strengthen and add new capabilities to our package of value as a multifaceted manufacturing solutions provider and as we look to grow our business." - Don Charron, Chairman and CEO of Kimball Electronics
Learn more here: https://www.kimballelectronics.com/docs/default-source/assorted-docs/kimball-electronics---poland-expansion.pdf?Status=Temp&sfvrsn=d534ac50_2