Kimball Electronics sincerely appreciates your trust and confidence in our goods and services. The privacy and security of the information collected from you is a priority to us. It is equally important to us that you understand how we handle the information.
Collection of Information
The information we collect depends upon your relationship with us and what you do when visiting our website. We collect information on visitors to our website and actual and potential employees, employee family members, customers, vendors, contractors, and others having an actual or potential relationship with Kimball. For visitors to our website, we may require you to provide specific information about yourself when you engage in certain activities. Such information will generally include your name, User ID, phone number, e-mail address, and mailing address. Although it is optional for you to disclose the requested information, you must do so in order to engage in certain activities on our website or maintain a relationship with us.
To conduct business and comply with government regulations (employment, tax, insurance, etc,) we may collect additional personal information, particularly on potential and actual employees, such as government identification numbers (ex. social security numbers, tax payer ID's, driver's license, etc.), date of birth, gender, race, ethnicity, health and disability information, family-related information (ex. marital status, personal and health-related information on family members, etc.), trade union information, and any other necessary information. Anyone sending unsolicited information to Kimball by any means explicitly consents to storage, destruction, processing, disclosure, and/or any other use by Kimball or any other party of the unsolicited information.
We may also acquire certain information about you from a "cookie" and from your IP/Internet address. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your web browser on your computer's hard drive and allow us to serve you faster and with better quality. If you don't like cookies, your web browser likely includes an option that allows you not to accept them and/or to delete existing cookies.
Use of the information we collect
We may use your information as follows:
- to identify you personally
- to communicate with you
- to provide you with smooth, efficient, customized services
- to provide you with better customer support
- to improve our marketing and promotional efforts
- to analyze your usage of our website
- to comply with human resource requirements
- to provide employee benefits (compensation, health, insurance, etc.)
Disclosure of Information
We promise that we will not disclose, sell or otherwise distribute to any third party any of your personally identifiable information without your prior permission except under the following circumstances:
- Legal requests and investigations – We may disclose any information about you when, in our opinion, such disclosure is necessary to prevent fraud or to comply with any statute, law, rule or regulation of any governmental authority or any order of any court of competent jurisdiction.
- Third-party service providers – We may, from time to time, outsource some or all of the operations of our business to third-party service providers. In such cases, it will be necessary for us to disclose your information to those service providers. In some cases, the service providers may collect information directly from you on our behalf. We restrict how such service providers may access, use and disclose your information.
- Agents – We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from user lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, providing customer service, processing employee compensation, providing employee benefits, and performing legal or other professional services. These agents have access to your information needed to perform their functions, but they may not use it for other purposes.
- Business Transfers - As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy companies, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing privacy policies (unless, of course, the person consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that Kimball or all of its assets are acquired, your information may be one of the transferred assets.
Updating your Personal Information
Although you may change your information on our website, we may maintain such prior information about you. Therefore, you should not expect that all of your historical information will be removed from our databases at the time you notify us of changes.
To access, change, remove, or opt out of further use of our web-based applications, please login to the specific application(s) you have utilized (i.e., career opportunities, dealer sites). If you have trouble locating the application(s) you previously used you may notify us via email at KEIPrivacy@kimballelectronics.com.
Security of your Personal Information
We employ reasonable security measures and technologies, such as password protection, encryption, physical locks, etc., to ensure the confidentiality of your personal information. However, you should be aware that no data transmission can be 100% guaranteed, and our security measures do not protect your information once it leaves our web server's control.
Also, since our website may provide links to third-party sites that we do not control, we assume no responsibility whatsoever with respect to those sites. You should read and accept the privacy policies of all such sites before accessing them.
Parents and Children
Minors are not eligible to use our services.
If you are a parent or guardian, please make every effort to guard your children's privacy. If you are a minor, please do not send us any information about yourself whatsoever.
EU-US Privacy Shield
Kimball Electronics and its U.S. subsidiaries (KEG) comply with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the US Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information transferred from the European Union to the United States.
KEG’s participation in the Privacy Shield applies to all personal data that is subject to the KEG Privacy and Security Statement and is received from the European Union and European Economic Area. KEG will comply with the Privacy Shield Principles in respect of such personal data.
KEG’s accountability for personal data that it receives under the Privacy Shield and subsequently transfers to third party is described in the Privacy Shield Principles. In particular, KEG remains responsible and liable under the Privacy Shield Principles to third-party agents that it engages to process personal data on its behalf do so in a manner consistent with the Principles, unless KEG proves that it is not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
Kimball Electronics: General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) - European Union only
Kimball Electronics Group, LLC may receive and control personal data provided by you to its European entities or directly to it. We only collect personal data voluntarily offered by you or requested as employees of Kimball and only use such data as appropriate to the role or interactions you have with Kimball.
Kimball needs to collect and control your personal data to conduct essential employment related activities or, the in case of third party personal data, to carry out functions of our business relationship with you.
All personal data is maintained in a way to restrict third party access except as specifically granted (such as third party payroll processing) or as required by law. We have a data protection system in place to manage the effective and secure processing of your personal data.
We only keep your data for as long as
a) you are an employee,
b) in the case of non-employee data, you are involved in the business relationship with Kimball, or
c) as required by law.
Thank you for providing your personal information to Kimball. We use your name, address, email, phone number and other personal information for employee-related reasons only or to more effectively communicate with non-employees. If you have any concerns about the uses of your personal data, please email KEIPrivacy@kimballelectronics.com.
The GDPR offers you certain rights regarding your personal data given to Kimball. You have the right to see the data we hold and correct any errors. As may be limited by our legitimate business needs to hold your data, you may request that Kimball delete your personal data from its systems and the system of any third parties with whom Kimball has provided your data. If you wish to exercise any of these rights or request Kimball to investigate how your data has been used, please email: KEIPrivacy@kimballelectronics.com.
If you are not satisfied with our response or wish to speak with a country specific data personnel, please contact Kimball Electronics Poland or Romania data trustees.
Kimball Electronics, Inc.
Privacy Compliance Manager
1205 Kimball Blvd.
Jasper, IN 47549